General Information on Visas and Immigration
The main conditions of being a full-time language student in Ireland coming from outside the EEA are as follows:
- The maximum time a student may stay in Ireland for the purpose of attending a language course is limited to three years.
- You will require a Letter of Acceptance from the college, confirming you have been accepted and enrolled on a course of full-time day-time education involving a minimum of 15 hours of organised daytime tuition each week between the hours of 8am and 6pm.
- You must have proof that fees have been paid to the college. Where your fees are below €6,000, the full amount of the fees must be paid in advance.
- You must have access to €3,000 at first registration. This is in addition to your course fees.
- All students are required to have private medical insurance, either personally or through a group scheme operated by your college, at time of registration in accordance with the conditions set out below regarding private medical insurance.
- For more information in relation to visas and immigration check www.inis.gov.ie
Back to top